Thursday, December 1, 2011

"A Robot with a Human appearance"

Websters dictionary defines "Android" as "a mobile robot with a human form." Maybe in my quest to discover more about the Android mobile operating platform I stumbled off onto a tangent? Maybe I was, or maybe I was looking to explain something else.

Presuming I didn't, what does that definition say about how we perceive and interact with a mobile smartphone operating system that currently holds 11% of the cellular telephone market? (40% of the smartphone market) What can this tell us about the users who engage and interact with this platform and its surrounding infrastructures and articulations? What can this definition tell us about how we as a society perceive and interact with our mobile telecommunications devices?

.... [ note this blog post is a though, the research into these questions has not fully been completed ]


No comments:

Post a Comment